Sunday, July 10, 2011

My definition of a true friend

Pictures speak a thousand words...but this one deserves some special attention.  This is my friend Traci.  Many of you know her, and if you do - you automatically love her.  She is the true definition of a friend.  You know how everyone needs someone to "have your back"...she is THAT friend.  She is honest...she will tell you what you need to hear (even if you may not always agree), she is kind...she would do anything for anyone.  she is loyal...she is the one person I know I can count on for anything (besides my husband of course).  she is fun AND funny....anytime we are together I am guaranteed to laugh, and yes there are times we are together when we cry as well.  she is like a second mom to my kids...and sometimes I'm sure they'd rather have her for a mom than me!  she is one of the strongest women I know, and yet she is transparent enough for me to know when she is struggling with things.  she is such a great wife and mom...inspiring me to be better!  She is a Christian and not afraid to show it...she strives daily to teach her boys about the importance of having a relationship with Jesus.  She loves her husband more than words can say which is a testament to the 3 young men she is raising. She is loving daughter and sister and she is truly loved by many!! She has been my friend since 1986...and yes we are THAT old.  The older we get...the stronger our friendship becomes.  I am so blessed to have her as a friend...and if you don't know her...you'll want to.  Your life will be complete!  Love you Traci and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

1 comment:

one blessed mama said...

oh dear friend....
bawling over here. you are so, so kind. i'm so unworthy to have such sweet words said about me.
i think i'll just copy and paste it for your birthday since everything you said about me, i think the same thing about YOU. :)

thank you for being such an amazing, AMAZING friend. i love you from the bottom of my sadly manicured toes to the top of my out-of-countrol frizzy head.
and that's a LOT of love. :)