Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Operation Christmas Blanket

Each year as the weather turns colder and the wind whistles outside, I thank God for our warm home and cozy bed, but I can't help but think of those that are without a warm bed or roof over their heads. This year my family decided to collect blankets for the homeless. We named it "Operation Christmas Blanket" and the past few weeks people have been donating blankets and/or sleeping bags. I have collected 45 so far and on Saturday night, Dale and I along with some friends will be delivering them into the homeless camps in Bellingham. A local church has been building relationships with the homeless and offer a hot meal every Saturday evening. Some individuals are unable to make it to this hot meal location so different teams bring food/blankets to them in their camps. I am so excited to be a part of this. My prayer in collecting these blankets was that the people who receive them would feel the love, warmth and comfort not only from the blankets, but also from Christ, surrounding them...especially this Holiday Season.

1 comment:

tammy said...

I hope to be a part of this next year. What an amzing blessing to those who are so often forgotten. What a special Christmas gift. Did you end up taking your kids?