Sunday, January 29, 2012

Resolutions!

With each new year....it brings about "new years resolutions"...and like with anything -sometimes we do really well for awhile, and then sometimes we fail miserably.  I love to make lists - mostly for the satisfaction of crossing things off my list.  Sometimes I'll put things on my list even if I've already completed it, just to see that I've actually accomplished things that have been floating around in my head. 
So as the new year approached, I started thinking of various resolutions....here are a few of what I came up with.
the standard ones....
  • eat healthier
  • exercise more
  • organize my closets
  • deep clean my house room by room
  • blog more....(you see I am trying to be better for some of my faithful followers)
but then I thought - do any of these things really matter in the grand scheme of life?  does this really make me a better person?  do these resolutions make a difference in anyone else's life? so I came up with a few more...
  • spend more time reading my Bible
  • be a more patient mom
  • pray more WITH and FOR my children
  • pray for my children's friends
  • be a better friend
  • be a loving wife
  • send out those cards that I have been thinking of sending to people
  • tell those I love that I love them
  • spend quality time with family and friends
  • make some quality one on one time with each of my children
  • don't assume others know what I'm thinking
  • put others needs before my own
  • strive to make a difference in someone's life
  • teach my children the imporance of making good chioces

the list could go on and on...but it certainly has given me something to strive for each and every day.  some days I do really well...and other days I fail miserably.  the reassuring thing is that each day is a new day and God's mercies are new every morning.  for that I am very grateful.

what are some of your resolutions?  perhaps you may have one or two that I could add to my list as well. 

2 comments:

one blessed mama said...

clean my bff's closet....again. ;)

our sweet life said...

very meaningful resolutions...i don't make resolutions because they make me feel like a failure...i'm a big quitter when it comes to things i don't find 'fun'...yep, that's my shocking revelation :D