Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's all about me!

I have no idea how many people follow my blog.  Some leave comments so I know they read it...some read but leave no comments - "blog stalkers" is how people often refer to them.  I don't mind - it just means that for whatever reason, some people are interested in my life, as boring as it may seem to me.  But how well do you really know me?  How well do you really want to know me?  Are there any interesting facts that you would be surprised to know about me?  Let's see.....I'll tell you a little about me, if you promise to leave me a little comment about you. 

i am the youngest of 3 girls.
i was born in CA.
i love being a "california girl" at heart.
my parents have been maried for 52 years.
they have set an example of what it means to stick it out through the good times and the bad!
my dad has a very strong work ethic!
he is 74 and still enjoys doing things for others.
my parents have taught me how to be a great mom.
they are amazing grandparents and love to hang out with my kids!
i am blessed to have 2 amazing sisters!
they are my best friends!
we are very different and yet very similar!
my husband was my first love!
we dated in 1989 and after going our separate ways were married in 2000!
we have 4 amazing kids.
my in-laws are some of the most loving people and I am blessed to be a part of their family
i have loved!!
i have lost!!
i have experienced some extremely painful things!
i have experienced the true meaning of love!
i am a cancer survivor,
i love music!
i wish I could sing professionally -
i look forward to being in Heaven where I can sing with the angels!
i love Jesus and am not afraid to say it!
i make mistakes daily!!
my grandparents died when they were 94 and 92 years old which gives me hope that I have lots of years left with my parents.
the thought of losing my parents makes me almost panic...mostly because they won't get to see my kids grow up.
my mom is amazing...she also knows a little bit about everything - i love her. a LOT!
i rarely cry but when my friends cry, i always cry with them.
my husband is the love of my life...and so, so much more!
my life wouldn't be what it is today without him!  he truly is a gift from God!!
thankfully for me, I'm not in charge - God knows better than i do!!
i can't express how much i love my kids. they make me proud. and crazy.
my parents were going to name me Shiela, but with my sisters being Shari, Sharla my dad said, sh** that's too many SH's...so I was named Kathy after my Grandma Katie.  She was a super cute/sweet lady so I guess that's okay!
i have lived in California, Washington, Iowa and Australia.
i have a bachelor of social work degree.
i used to be a CPS worker.
i have helped numerous families who have dealt with sad abuse issues and it has made me appreciate my family and upbringing that much more!!
i have always wanted to have brothers - and now I have brother-in-laws that are even better....they love me and I didn't have to grow up being teased by them.
i like to smile.
i love to laugh.
i clean houses for others - this is good 'therapy' for me.
i vaccum my way out of a room...hate it when people walk all over my perfect vaccum lines.
i love to organize.
however i need my bff to help me purge my closet b/c i am known to hang onto clothes for over 20 years in case they come back into style...how sad is that?
i love my friends that can come up with  new ways to decorate my house.
i feel like i never have enough time.
i am constantly running here and there - packing too much stuff into my day.
i am part of the most amazing women's bible study and love these women dearly.
i hate procrastinating.
when i start something - i finish it.
i have to have all our beds made daily or i feel like my house is dirty.
my house may messy during the day but everything has it's place by bedtime.
i have had to learn to "let things go"
i LOVE my nieces and nephews!
my mom is my friend...and i genuinely like to spend time with her.
i love the feeling of being complelely organized all at once - however just when i feel like one section of the house/cupboards are organized, i have to start over again when i've finally made it through the whole house.
i love to read - however need to be on vacation to read guilt-free.
my kids make me laugh.
my heart hurts when their hearts hurt!
i wish i made more time to read my bible consistently!
i love to pray for my kids - however constantly feel like i don't do it enough!
i'm organized.
i've been called a perfectionist (shocking I know).
Christmas is my favorite time of the year.
i am blessed.
my husband is a better cook than me (sad but true).
i love a rainy, lazy sunday afternoon (like today) with my family snuggled around me.
i love to listen to pandora on my new tv...christian music makes my heart sing, country music sometimes makes my heart sad (yet I still love it) hard rock music makes me feel "full of hate".
in felt guilty about getting so far behind in blogging. i had to "let it go":)
i am thankful for friends that speak the truth,.
i am thankful for friends that love me for who i am.
i am thankful for friends that challenge me.
i am thankful for friends who are fun and honest.
i am a sinner.
Christ is my Saviour.
i don't deserve it.
i am amazed.
i am grateful.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, I feel like I now know everything there is to know about you! Great post, very fun. :)

one blessed mama said...

LOVED your list!!
you have much to be thankful for.
LOVE you!!!

our sweet life said...

i loved reading this...found out a few things i didn't know (like you're a perfectionist? yes, truely shocking ;). and love it that you're blogging agin!!

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

I read your blog!!! I too loved this post. Someday your kids will love to read this and "see" you from your point of view. I must tell you after your dinner with your parents a few weeks ago, your dad stayed a little longer to tell me what a great mom, and daughter you are. He said you were an amazing mother and friend and such a hard worker. He is so proud of you. The relationship you have with your parents is rare and special!!! Thanks for telling us all about you!