Monday, April 25, 2011

ONE PROUD MOMENT!

Am I allowed to share a proud moment??? Completing my very first 5k run. Dale and I, along with our friends the Likkels (and our son Kaiden) ran for the Bellingham Police Department - Behind the Badge run with the fuzz. 100% of the funds raised goes to the families of fallen officers - a GREAT cause, one that I hope to never benefit from. The run however was a GREAT experience and we can't wait to do it again. A total of 903 runners participated - and we were so excited to be a part of it.

Everyone I know that has run a race, takes as picture of their stuff laying ready the night before, so I figured this was what I was supposed to do as well....
(actually - it fulfilled my picture of a day for my project 365).Kaiden and I gearing up for the big event! He was SO EXCITED!My dad showed up with my little boys to welcome us across the finish line! This girl has been by my side through MANY of lifes ups and downs so when the opportunity arose to run a 5k with me - she just couldn't pass it up! Way to go girl - so proud of you!The gang at the finish line (yes - we are alive and still standing)One proud moment after the race. They stuck by each other the whole way!
I am thankful that Dale is part of a larger career "family" - they take care of their employees and their families! Not a day goes by that I don't pray for Dale's safety!

2 comments:

our sweet life said...

I'm SO proud of you girls I can't even tell you!!!

Becky said...

Congrats! What a fun race to run together.