Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blessings all around!

I am part of this amazing Bible study...a group of women that meets weekly to study God's word, talk, laugh, cry, and pray. It's blessed me more than I can tell you. It feels like our community has been hit so hard recently with a variety of issues....cancer striking young and old(er), sudden death of loved ones just to name a few. So often we're left asking, "What can I do to help" and so often there isn't an answer. We decided that making meals for these families was one small way of making a difference. So - we gathered as a group assembling meals. After it was all finished, we collected about 49 in total and dispersed them. I know what a blessing it is to be on the receiving end of such a gift, however it is just as much a blessing to be able to be on the giving end!!

Thank you ladies for a fantastic morning. Looking forward to doing this again sometime!

2 comments:

our sweet life said...

you girls are awesome! sticking together with God's people really makes the journey worthwhile!

Ashley said...

What a great idea. Cooking with a crowd is way more fun!