Wednesday, January 27, 2010

B.E.A.R. week

What is this you may ask? Just ask any elementary school student at LC...it stands for Be Excited About Reading...one week that is designated to no t.v, video games, computer...but rather read books, play games, bake, have friends over...anything else. So our kids have made the most of it!! It started out with a two night sleep-over. LOTS and LOTS of playing, giggling and a little bit of sleeping was had by all. I even had the privilege of having breakfast in bed by these two little princesses...including coffee!! Yes....I ate and drank what was given to me. What a proud moment it was to see their faces light up when they saw the joy on my face while I sipped my coffee (with flavored creamer) in bed! Doesn't get much better than this!We then moved onto play dates after school. The fact that Kaiden had cadets one night and they each have a basketball game a night this week helps a bit too. But they haven't even asked to watch tv! It's been fun being creative with our time....making special Valentine's is always fun!And of course it helps when there is baking and cookie decorating to do!

1 comment:

tammy said...

Thank you so much for having Sydney over. She had such a wonderful time. I know she is so very loved when she is with you. I am thankful for the friendship our girls have & the one we have too. You inspire me to be a better mom. You make life so fun for your kiddos & mine when we are around too. Love Ya