Saturday, September 20, 2008
A work in progress...
It's been awhile since I've posted, and as you can see from the pictures, I've been a little tied up. I had this idea (inspired by a dear friend) to "redo" my flower bed along the south side of our house. One thing led to another, and soon we had rented a sod cutter to remove the entire section of lawn...and, well - the fun/work began. It was fun to see the transformation as individual bags of concrete were mixed by my loving husband. Next came the rock to border the path followed with a truck load of topsoil...and my husband thought this was "my" project!! Couldn't have done it without you honey!! I am really happy with how it turned out...but now the real fun begins. My "garden expert" friend took me to various garden nurseries yesterday and we shopped for the perfect plants and perennials to plant. Thanks Wendi - it was a blast! So this week is ground-breaking/digging week to place the few items I've purchased. It will be so fun to see the true beauty next spring as things begin to grow/bloom.






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow, that looks great! I bet it was pretty fun. I love garden stuff....a real shocker to those who knew me when I was little. :)
Looks great! What a project...isn't it funny how those kinda projects grow and grow...but then when you are done you are so glad that you took the time to do it!
I like that idea. Beautiful job.
Looks great! You're going to have so much fun filling it in now!
IT'S GORGEOUS!
KUDDOS FRIEND! :)
TRAC-
Post a Comment