Friday, April 18, 2008

ALOHA!!

Dale and I had the privilege of going to Kauai, Hawaii for a few days...just the two of us. What a relaxing and peaceful time we had. Of course we missed our four very energetic kids tremendously - however they were all in good hands with my family while we enjoyed the beauty of the sandy beaches. We explored nearly the entire island of Kauai - while soaking up as many rays on as many beaches as time allowed.
This is the beautiful beach on the north shore - Tunnels. It's amazing how the landscape varies from one side of the island to the other. So pretty!
Dale and I at "spouting horn" where the water blows up through the rocks along the shore. Below is the "Waiema Canyon"...like a mini Grand Canyon in the middle of the island. Amazing!!Dinner at the Beach House....spectacular view of the sunset...best food ever!
Thanks for the recommendation Becky! Nothing beats a beautiful sunset over the water! Breathtaking for sure! This is Poipu Beach...ranked #1 Beach in America. We would have to agree...Dale spent numerous hours exploring the coastline while snorkling...I even gave it a try. Seeing turtles larger than myself was almost more than I could handle :)Another view from Spouting Horn.Postcard-like view along the north/east shoreline.

There are so many other pictures I could show (I only took 140 of them) but this at least shows the highlights of our trip. It was so nice to have a few days together...and how quickly it feels like it was so long ago! :)

14 comments:

Jayne said...

Beautiful pics and you got great tans...just one question, did you bring more clothes than Dale? There are three photos where it looks like he has the same shirt on and you have 3 different outfits? No worries...I always bring too many clothes on vacation! =)

Anonymous said...

Exactly right!! I packed WAY TOO much and he packed just enough...to wear his shirts twice I think :)
Perfect weather and so much fun!!

Becky said...

You're pics are great! Glad you guys had fun. To bad the warm weather didn't follow you home. (Jayne...I wondered the same thing, glad you asked first!) :)

Anonymous said...

In Dale's defense...ome of these pictures were taken on the same day. :) However I've realized that packing less is more. I should take lessons from my hubby next time!

Becky said...

We love you, Dale....it's all in good fun! :) Dave thinks he's even more like Magnum PI now, same job same sweet threads!

Jayne said...

Jeff & I have always over-packed, so I have no one to learn from...wait a minute...I just thought of something...my mom has learned in her European travels to pack light 'cuz they can only have so much luggage when with tours...so...I should learn from my mother! Even when you are in your early 40's you still need to learn from your parents...go figure!

homan5 said...

Great pics! Glad you had fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Some day maybe I'll learn....mind you - I never know what I might want to wear when I wake up in the morning so I figure if I take more - then I just have more to choose from...too bad Dale didn't have as many options as I did, right? :) Less laundry to come home to though which is a plus for sure.
Magnum baby...I like the sounds of that! ;) Too bad he can't grow the same mustache to go along with the threads!

lauri said...

Enough with the clothing and packing discussion and who should learn what from whom...what I wanna know is what was in them there fancy drinks y'all are holding? Hmmm?

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

I could pack Gerrit plenty of clothes and he still would wear the same one. Boys are like that aren't they?
Looks like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Mango Mamma Baby!! YUMMY!!!

Kryna said...

Tans are good... :)

Jayne said...

Okay, Okay, truth be told, I was kind of wondering what was in those drinks as well! Glad you guys had fun...we want to go back to Hawaii for are 10 year anniversary next year (God willing!).

Anonymous said...

Well you guys will have the time of your lives if you go. It was a great getaway! I will pray that you will get to experience this together!!