Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fun Fall Festivities - these are just a few of my favorite things!

This has got to be one of my favorite times of year! 1). The leaves have turned color and begun to fall. 2) The air is crisp and cool 3). The kids love to play outside and when they come in - they smell of the fresh fall air. 4). My house smells of the many candles I have burning 5). Sipping warm hot chocolate while snuggling with my kids watching a movie. There are so many things to appreciate in life that it's hard to capture it all.
Here are just a few favorite things we've done recently.










Playing in the leaves is always a fun favorite of the kids!






My Sister and I made these scarecrow cookies for Kaiden and Hailey's class at school - they were a huge hit!







More fun activities with pumpkin carving....first we head to the pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkin to carve....


as you can see from the picture - there are TONS to choose from!


Next we have to decide on what design to carve and then we create the masterpieces...

Even Daddy gets involved!
Next comes Halloween....stay tuned for costume surprises :)

6 comments:

lauri said...

I think you and your sisters were the ones that took me out to the pumpkin patch. I took pictures of Micheal when he was just a little bit bigger than a pumpkin. That was a kick. Great pictures, girl. keep up the good work....

Wubben World said...

I think you're right....it's a fun annual tradition! What am I going to do when my kids are too big to take them to the pumpkin patch? :0)

lauri said...

...you go with your husband on a date..pumpkin patch, dinner and a movie...anything else you want me to figure out for you?

Wubben World said...

That might actually be quite fun...but will he pose for the camera as my kids do?? :)

lauri said...

...do I have to think of everything? Maybe if you do the dinner first and have a drink with that dinner and then do the pumpkin patch...he will be more liable to pose...will that work?

Jayne said...

Just want to let you know how beautiful your children are...great photos!!!