Saturday, June 21, 2008

Relay for Life


Last night I had the privilege, along with so many others, to take part in the Relay for Life cancer walk. What a moving experience...to see all those purple (survivor) shirts take the first lap, and to be one of them, was very touching. I walked not only for myself, but for so many others effected by cancer. My cousin's husband actually passed away (from a brain tumor) in CA while we were participating last night. We'll miss you Jeff...and we love you Jayne. Thank you all for supporting me throughout this ongoing battle to find a cure for cancer!!

5 comments:

one blessed mama said...

hi friend...
sorry i missed the walk. we were thinking of you! i'm so proud of you! you have been courageous beyond words. you inspire me everyday to be a better person! i love you friend!
trac- :)

Anonymous said...

We certainly missed you on our team....next year!!

lauri said...

what a great shot of you and your kids! i admire your get up and go...you're one of the cool cousins for sure..how's your dad doin? We're praying!

Amy said...

I said I would comment!! Great party last night...I really think that you surprised her! Good job!

Amy said...

Here are the steps:
1) Sign in
2) Pick new Template
3) Minima is the 1st one on the left, top one.
4) save
5) go to fonts and colors to match the colors to your new background!

Let me know if that doesn't work!

Good Luck!