Saturday, February 11, 2012

Parents weekend away

As much as we love our children, it's always nice to have some R & R together and this past weekend we had a much needed weekend getaway with our best friends.  Just one night does wonders....great food, great friends, great fun + lots of laughs.
There are many reasons for loving this girl....she just "gets me"...THAT SUMS IT UP!
Both of them make such a wonderful team.  There are so many reasons we love hangin' out with them.
We are blessed to have them in our lives.
Enjoying a night out at a dueling piano bar.  The music was okay and the entertainment was....well - entertaining!  :)
We enjoyed a brewsky at a local Irish Pub...and yes - even I enjoyed a beer.  The company was better of course but the beer was cold and I was thirsty so it was a great evening!
I love this man with all that I am.  My life is better because of him and to be able to celebrate Valentine's Day a few days early was wonderful.  We have four beautiful children together and we love them dearly...we are better parents because we get to spend 24 hours focusing on us occassionally!!
Thanks for a special getaway weekend!  Until next time....
I LOVE YOU Honey and Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

one blessed mama said...

rye and i were just commenting on what a great weekend away it was! it's just 'easy' to be with you guys! we too, feel like we are blessed!!
thank you for being 'those' friends....the friends that everyone wishes they had but sadly, some never do. we are better because of you two.
thank you.
we love you. :)

p.s....curious how come you posted the most 'normal' picture of us? there were only 34 funny ones to choose from. hee. hee.