Wednesday, January 26, 2011

B-E-A-R Week

Be Excited About Reading Week - a.k.a - NO tv, NO computer, NO video games...nothing with a screen. So this is a week of HANDS ON parenting. Not a bad thing...just need to be prepared. So how do we spend a week like this? Games, games and more games....
Books, books and more books...throw a few lego's in there and a game or two of basketball and there ya have it. A successful BEAR week...the kids are thrilled to get little rewards from school and the family is happy 'cause they've spent lots of quality time together.
One very proud 3 year old with his very own lego house!! Devin even learned how to read...and he too is VERY proud of himself. Friday is "B" day in preschool and he plans to take his "b"ooks to read to his teachers. "My" boys are playing basketball for the Boys and Girls Club this year and are undefeated! Yeah!! It's been an exciting season to watch...and YES, I am one of "those" parents that at times jumps out of their seats with excitement!Hailey too has just started her basketball season with the YMCA. She has some of her greatest friends on her team so they are having a lot of fun!!!Painting is always a favorite in our household...for the kids that is! :)Kaiden got the game of Life for Christmas...so after spending about 30 minutes reading the directions we dove into a real life game of "Life"...lots of fun! (who knew it was such a difficult game to re-learn as an adult. I'm pretty sure they changed the game significantly since my childhood days!! Maybe I'm thinking of those late nights of payday (remember Wendi)of course real LIFE all began when two people fell in love.....(pictured below the wife and hubby in the car)
There are so many pics to choose from but these are the highlights. When I think of those that are struggling watching their kids suffer with cancer, I am reminded of how precious life is and thank God each day he allows me to parent these children, while I continue to pray for those that are hurting!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You are so much better than I am- I let the boys watch TV when Ava was at school, and off it went when she came home. I was strict with it last year, but this year, Mickey Mouse is my best friend! :)

Anonymous said...

love this post!!
all of it!