During this time of Thanksgiving, I am overwhelmed with all that God has given me to be thankful for. I thank God as I recount just a few of them!
My four beautiful children that teach me every day how to be a better mom.
I am thankful for my first born, Kaiden. Nine years ago God brought him into our lives and so began our journey of "parenting". Little did we know how much love we would have for this tiny little being...how much joy he would bring into our lives, and also how much hard work being a mom and dad would be. Kaiden has a very sensitive heart and loves Jesus. I am so thankful for him and all that he has brought into my life as his mom.
Hailey Sue is our "little girl" that is growing up way too fast. She has a kind and loving heart and loves to spend quality time with each one of us. She is very helpul and I love to hear her pray for others. She loves to sing as she goes about her day.
Devin is growing up way too fast. He started preschool this year and loves to learn! Each day he comes home telling me new things his teachers have told him about God. I love how their little minds are like sponges, absorbing everything around him. He loves to make me laugh and he is a kind a loving big brother to Alex (most of the time)
Alex is our little "miracle baby". He is three years old and we truly have had answered prayers regarding Alex. He has certainly completed our family perfectly...and is so loving. He loves to hang out with me and each day he makes me laugh. I can't imagine our life without him.
I am thankful for enough food each and every day. A blessing I try to teach my children not to take for granted. There are many people that are less fortunate...and our family is once again collecting blankets for the homeless. As the weather gets colder, we thank God for our warm homes.
I am thankful for healthy children that are able to run around and be active - enjoying God's beautiful creation.
I am thankful for my nieces and nephews which are another extention of my own children. We are kind of like moms to each others kids, and the cousins are just like siblings. Not every family has the joy of living close enough to spend so much quality time together...and we miss those family members that are separated by many miles.
I am thankful for my mom who has taught me how to be a mom myself. I have learned so much from her and I wouldn't be who I am today without her. I love you mom!
(Plus she makes an amazing Grandma to my kids!)
I am thankful for the "men" in my life...especially for the older one in this picture. He has definitley taught me how to love and I thank God for who he is and what he has brought into my life. I am truly a better person because of him. He is the most selfless person I know and always pours his love into his family. I Love You Honey!!
I am thankful for my "oldest" sister. I love how much fun we have together, and how much she loves my kids like her own. Even though we are separated by eight years, we are not only sisters, but the best of friends.
I am also thankful for my "older" sister. I love how she loves my kids like her own. We also have loads of fun together, and like with Shari - we too are the best of friends. I am blessed to have two sisters and thinking back to our childhood years, we can remember and laugh about things until tears stream down our faces!
I am thankful for my parents and the 50 years of marriage God has blessed them with. They have taught me that committment is a choice and although it's not always easy, it is worthwhile. They have taught me the importance of faith and what that means in my every day life. They sacrificed a lot to provide for me as a child and showed me the value of loving and supporting each other - even through lifes ups and downs. They have both been there for me during my highs and lows of my life and I am thankful for their unconditional love! I love you both!!

3 comments:
You always have such a great way of helping us remember what's important! You ARE very blessed!
Awesome post! That is what life is all about...tears came to my eyes, especially when you talked about your sisters..I miss mine so much! THanks for sharing your blessings!
great post-we DO have so much to be thankful for. and yes, sisters are priceless and it's so awesome to hear how much you love them. i miss mine so much, but i'm thankful that you're there for her like a sister!!
p.s. we have the same china!
Post a Comment