Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Projects


It seems like this is the time of year for school projects. The kids are getting ready for "Creative Arts Week" and have been busy putting together different projects for this. Hailey had to do a "diagram" of a book she's read...made out of a shoe box. She chose a Biscuit book and stole the lego puppy from her younger brother.


Kaiden's 2nd grade class is studying Native Americans. They are creating their own village and each child was assigned a certain Tribe. They each have to decorate a clothes pin to replicate their Indian Tribe. Kaiden's is a Hopi. He was pretty proud of himself and we can't wait to see the entire village during Creative Arts Week.


It seems that with these school projects, I also continually have projects at home ie: lego or playdough. It seems like I am constantly picking up little remnants of these items...what this means though is that my children are spending hours at a time being creative in their own minds and for that I am thankful (which I have to remind myself of as I frequently step on tiny lego's throughout the day, or find smushed playdough in my carpet) This too shall pass!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't believe you guys are done with the diorama...we haven't even started! Great job!

our sweet life said...

and where are the children in the play-doh pic? just like at our house...take everything out and RUN!

tammy said...

great indian

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

thanks for commenting on my blog...love the indian doll, it is so neat to see everyone else's ideas too! great job!