Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Ahoy Mate'

Devin had a little mishap today while watching swimming lessons. He was accidentally poked in the eye. Being the tough mom that I try to be, I calmly told him (numerous times) that he was fine...don't cry...it will feel better if you don't rub it etc...Well that happened this morning at around 11:45 and by 3:00 he had spent most of that time crying. With the advice from my sister to take him in, I finally called. "Sorry, we're booked...you'll have to take him to the ER", I was told. Thanks to a friend from church that works there (and a little pleading on my part) they literally squeezed us in. THANKS Stephanie!! It was a good thing I took him in too...he has 2 scratches on his cornea. OUCH!! He will now look like a pirate (which of course thrills him) along with some medicine and we'll be as good as new! Now we get to enjoy 2 weeks of watching the other kids swim! A favorite part of summer for them!

1 comment:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Poor little guy. How is it doing by now?