This past weekend I had the privilege of getting together with 6 of my 9 college room-mates. After graduating from college (15 years ago - am I really that old??) we thought it would be fun to get together to reminisce about our past. The last time all 9 of us were together was 5 years ago in Pella, Iowa - then 3 years ago 4 of us were able to meet again in Sioux Falls. This time 6 of us met in Washington to share an amazing weekend together. We were pampered at the Cave B winery and spa...sipping a glass of wine by the pool, followed by a massage, wine tasting and ending a perfect day with the most delicious meal!! (check it out online if you're up for a weekend away - you won't regret it...www.CaveB.com). The following day we spent in Seattle enjoying the sites of the city, Pike's Street Market, the piers and ending the evening with a Moroccan meal...a few of us even learned a few techniques of belly dancing. We spent 3 days talking nearly every minute we were together. We realized just how much God has richly blessed each and every one of us over the years. First bringing us all together in 1989 - in a college dorm. We grew up together, laughed and cried together, watched each other get married followed by the births of many children. We have truly obeyed God's word when it says to be fruitful and multiply...between the 6 of us this weekend, we have 19 children and with all 9 of us - we have 26 children. WOW! It's probably a good thing it was just the girls this weekend (other than 3 month old Daniel who was such a little angel) or we wouldn't have had much time to talk.
THANK YOU girls for such a special weekend. I feel so blessed to have each of you in my life! I am looking forward to our next reunion....for our BIG 40!!!
Look out Colorado!!
THANK YOU girls for such a special weekend. I feel so blessed to have each of you in my life! I am looking forward to our next reunion....for our BIG 40!!!
Look out Colorado!!

4 comments:
How fun! congrats on staying in contact for 15 years...that's wonderful!!! AND Kath...you must be that old...because I'm older than you and I am ancient!!
You all really look good for being sooo OLD.
Looks like you all had a great time! It must have been so fun reconnecting again.
old friends are sometimes the best friends! :) thanks for sharing...what a blast!
Post a Comment