My niece was heading "down under" for a month to work in a school...so guess who got to tag along for the first two weeks???? No - it wasn't Alex - however the morning we left he had his suitcase packed and said, "I'm ready to go with you now mommy" with a quarter in hand to pay for his ticket...and yes - it brough a tear or two to my eye - especially seeing his disappointed little face when we loaded my suitcase in the car and NOT his! Good thing for him he was in great hands as Daddy was "Mr. Mom" while I was gone!! A trip of a lifetime for sure!!
Ready to head out of Seattle...and I could hardly wait to surprise everyone at the other end.
NO ONE knew I was coming and I could hardly stand it!
Little did I know, I would run into my Mother-in-law and Sister-in-laws at the San Fransisco airport. We were all shocked. They were there for a "girls-getaway" weekend and our paths literally ran into each other in the airport corrider.
The sun rising as we headed for landing in Brisbane. Words can not describe the beauty!
What was supposed to be a brief unexpected lay-over in Brisbane ended up being 9 hours stuck in their airport!! Not how we wanted to spend our first day in Australia!!
After traveling from the states, and spending HOURS in the Brisbane airport - we finally found out that we'd be missing our Sydney connection, but would be put up in a hotel overnight so we could still see the sites...and we sat down to enjoy a much needed cup of coffee!!
Enjoying a glass of wine at the oldest pub in Sydney after traveling over 30+hours!
Sydney Opera House! (obviously)
It's so much bigger in person!
Lighthouse view from the ferry - so breathtaking!
Gorgeous views from the ferry ride in Sydney!
A typical scene...either she or I with our camera's to our eye!
A message sent to my family while I was gone!!
Common tree frog - isn't he cute?
A friendly frill-neck lizzard hanging out in the tree.
My dearest friend Glenda - who I surprised the socks off of!!!!!!!
Relaxation at it's best!
One of the MANY shells we found and "re-located" back to the states!!
Me and my girl - hangin' out!
Ahh.........need I say more?!
Litchfield Park - the most beautiful waterfalls!
breath-taking...........
Just one of the MANY sunsets we took in. Darwin is the sunset capitol of the world.
a picture says a thousand words....
This posting has taken me weeks to finalize...and it's finally done. This trip is a distant memory however the memories I have will last a lifetime. It was so great spending this time with my niece who has become more of a friend, and it was so wonderful catching up with some old friends of mine! My husband wins husband of the year award...he did SO GREAT with the kids and he is so unbelievably wonderful - I love you so much! Thanks for the 40th' birthday present of a trip of a lifetime!!
AMAZING!!
I LOVE palm trees!!
Nightcliff Rocks - B E A U T I F U L!

Enjoying an afternoon at the beach! (watch out for the crocs)

1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had an amazing time. Great crocodile picture! Ahhh!
Post a Comment