
With the Olympics being in our backyard...we decided we should take in the sites. Krystal had never been to Vancouver so this was a perfect opportunity (or was it?) We enjoyed the gorgeous weather and the sites of the Olympics along with thousands of other people.
The sky-train was a huge hit with the kids (you can tell by Dale's expression it was a huge hit with him too :) - he didn't know he was in the picture)

More snuggling with Aunty Krys.

Arriving in the city

These flags are everywhere.

The cauldron

If you look closely, you can see the torch in the background.

We took the seabus across the water to North Vancouver. There are great markets and fun places to have lunch. This is the view from the seabus.

The Olympic symbol that lights up at night. Very pretty!

Another view of the city.

There was lots of street entertainment downtown. Here we are watching a trampoline act while the guys were wearing skiis and snowboards. Amazing!

It was so much fun being a part of the Olympics, on a very small scale.
2 comments:
That must have been a blast! You are such a fun mom!
I am so jealous. How great that you went! Looks like an amazing time. I became such an Olympic junky this year -- who knew I would cry so much watching sporting events. I cried when someone won, I cried when someone lost. And you know me -- I'm not such a crier! I'm not sure what was up!
Post a Comment