Friday, March 27, 2009

Brady Bunch in the making....

So my daughter has decided that after seeing the girls on the Brady Bunch put sponge rollers in their hair, that she would like to give it a try...so thanks to my friend Becky, we borrowed their rollers and rolled away before bed. Being the experienced roller that I am (NOT) I thought it would be best to use most of the smallest rollers to give the most curl...well that's indeed what we got!! LOTS of tight curls...so much so that Hailey thought it would be best to put her hair in a curly pony instead of leaving it down...next time we'll use the biggest rollers first!
At least we tried....learn by trial and error, right?

8 comments:

deWoldeDaily said...

Wow - those are some curls!! That brings back memories for me as a little girl of wearing those to bed every Saturday night so my hair was curly for church on Sunday! I'll have to try those out on Kendra!

Becky said...

Well at least you know they work! Looks good for the first try! What channel is Brady Bunch on?

Anonymous said...

We have a few Brady Bunch DVD's...they worked REALLY well!!! :)

one blessed mama said...

i can STILL feel what those CURSED things felt like while attempting to fall asleep!!
she looks darling. remind me to show her the pictures of me with my PERM. fortunatley for hai, she can WASH HERS OUT!
God bless my mother! :)

Anonymous said...

Kathy dear,
I'm waiting to see your jewelry rack.
Love the princess with curly hair though!!
xoxoxoxLynda

Corky and Kay said...

How cute. I remember also if you twirl your hair around your finger and put bobby pin thru. Makes for massive amounts of curls and big hair.Of course takes way longer to do than sponge rollers.

The Engman family said...

Cute! I used to do that all the time as little girl...Have I told you how much your little girl looks like you?

tammy said...

okay...that is way to cute. I have never tried the sponge curlers. I think I might try the ones that are a little bigger. Yes, reminds me of my good old perm days...glas those are over.